Against All Odds: The Alwyn Uys Story shows that while life can take some unexpected turns, they can lead to something incredible. In the film, Stefan shares the story of Alwyn Uys, whose dreams of one day playing for the Springboks were shattered following a car accident, which left him paralysed. To dream new dreams took courage and determination, but ultimately led to Alwyn becoming the first paraplegic to swim from Robben Island to Eden on the Bay – a 7 km swim, with the cold temperatures of the Atlantic Ocean being life-threatening to Alwyn.
With a 25-year history, the National Film Academy is a global leader in film and TV education. It has 7.5 million members worldwide and organises prestigious awards like the National Film Awards UK, National Film & TV Awards USA, and National Reality Television Awards and they are bringing it to South Africa in 2023!
Public voting is from 4th September 2023 – 10th October 2023.
Please support Stefan and vote here:
Steps to vote:
- Follow this link: https://telephonos.com/register
- Add in all personal information to create an account.
- Click on “let’s Go!”
- Upload a profile picture/skip.
- Fill in extra personal information/skip.
- Follow people/skip.
- Close the tab completely.
- Follow this link again: https://telephonos.com/register
- Click on “Vote Now”
- Scroll down to “Best Documentary 2023”
- Select “Against All Odds: The Alwyn Uys Story”
- Click “Vote”
Thank you again!
Danelle Liebenberg El Far